Agri-Clinics: Agri-Clinics are envisaged to provide expert services and advice to farmers on cropping practices, technology dissemination, crop protection from pests and diseases, market trends and prices of various crops in the market and also clinical services for animal health etc. which would enhance productivity of crops/animals.
Agri-Business Centres: Agri-Business Centres are envisaged to provide input supply, farm equipment’s on hire and other farm services
An illustrative list of ventures -
- Soil and water quality cum inputs testing laboratories (with Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers)
- Pest surveillance, diagnostic and control services
- Maintenance, repairs and custom hiring of agricultural implements and machinery including micro irrigation systems (sprinkler and drip)
- Agri Service Centers including the three activities mentioned above (Group Activity).
- Seed Processing Units
- Micro-propagation through Plant Tissue Culture Labs and Hardening Units, Setting up of Vermiculture units, production of bio-fertilizers, bio-pesticides, bio-control agents
- Setting up of Apiaries (bee-keeping) and honey & bee products' processing units
- Provision of Extension Consultancy Services
- Hatcheries and production of fish finger-lings for aquaculture, Provision of livestock health cover, setting up veterinary dispensaries & services including frozen semen banks and liquid nitrogen supply
- Setting up of Information Technology Kiosks in rural areas for access to various agriculture related portals
- Feed Processing and testing units,Value Addition Centers
- Setting up of Cool Chain from the farm level onwards (Group Activity)
- Retail marketing outlets for processed agri-products
- Rural marketing dealerships of farm inputs and outputs.
Any combination of two or more of the above viable activities along with any other economically viable activity selected by the Graduates, which is acceptable to the Bank.
Quantum of finance
Rs.20.00 lakh for individual project. Rs.100 lakhs for group project (taken up by a group comprising of 5 trained persons). The bank may nevertheless finance a group of 2 or more trained persons with TFO (total financial outlay) ceiling of Rs.20 lakh per person and over all ceiling of Rs.100 lakhs.