Log-in Id and Password
On receipt of the Registration kit, respective Broker will register the client , allot them Client Code No and send the log in Id and password to enable client to access the website for trading.
After receipt of the login Id and password, the client can commence Online Share Trading by visiting either Bank of India website i.e. www.bankofIndia.com or the Broker’s website as mentioned above (The customers also have the additional facility of buying/selling securities over phone, by contacting the above Brokers) For Bank of India DEMAT/Depository Services, including NRIs click here
Star Share Account (On-line share Trading) for NRI / PIO clients
This facility is available to all our NRI customers of domestic Branches / overseas branches / offices. The facility of Online Share Trading is also made available to our prospective customers. Customers who do not have Account with the Bank have to open SB Account and Demat Account with any one of the Bank of India Branches after completing the formalities.
- NRIs/PIOs are required to have two SB Accounts for availing this facility
- The first NRE Account which is a Charge Account, which can be an existing account with any of the Branches of BOI.
- The second NRE Account which is known as PIS (Portfolio Investment Scheme) - SB Account is for routing only securities related transactions. This account has to be opened with one of the three Designated Branches of Bank of India . i.e. Mumbai NRI Branch or Ahmedabad NRI Branch or New Delhi NRI Branch.
- For opening PIS Account, NRI customers may forward the SB Account Opening Form alongwith all the documents to any of the 3 Branches, through their Bankers. Please refer to our Demat Services Section, for Documents to be submitted for opening a Demat Account.
- After opening this PIS Account, the Designated Branch would open Demat/Online Trading Account by obtaining permission from RBI.
- Application can be downloaded from the website of the Brokers or customers can send a message to the Brokers who would arrange to forward the entire sent of documents (Demat SB Account and Trading Account Opening Form) to the customer. The customers may contact our NRI Branches / HO-SDM also for the Account Opening Forms (AOF)
This facility is for investment on repatriation or non-repatriation basis in shares of Indian companies through stock exchange in secondary market under Port-folio Investment Scheme. If they want to apply for IPO/FPO/Rights Issue they can apply through ASBA facility of Bank of India.
On registration, Broker will send Welcome Kit alongwith user ID and Password directly to NRI customer through e-mail. ( by e-mail as well as by secured mean). On receiving PW the customers can start trading in Shares through Internet or over phone.
For all successful online Buy/Sell transactions (including transactions done over phone) , the NRE Account of the customer is automatically debited or credited on the Payout Day. No need to submit DIS or any other document.
On Trade day, or by next working day morning, broker will send Contract Note to the customer.